33 Ways Church Endowments Enable Ministry
By Kim Brammer, Former Executive Director of The Roswell UMC Foundation
The Roswell UMC Foundation in Roswell relies upon the Georgia United Methodist Foundation’s investment expertise to manage and grow our endowment funds, which have been established by our generous members. By the end of 2018, we will have distributed $152,000 in grants! Read on to discover 33 ways our endowments enabled ministry in 2017!
TOUCHING EVERY AGE AND LIFE STAGE
1. Six college students received scholarship support to further their education.
2. Supported Middle School Camp and camp scholarships.
3. Supported Confirmation Retreat.
4. Provided Baptism books for the RUMC Children’s Ministry.
5. Provided Children’s Ministry Classroom Bibles.
6. Supported Children’s Ministry Worship Experience.
7. Supported Youth Ministry student outreach events.
8. Supported RUMCK’s petting zoo at the Fall Festival.
9. Supported new RUMCK classroom needs.
10. Supported the classical Sounds of the Spirit Concert series.
ENABLING MISSIONARY WORK AROUND THE CORNER AND AROUND THE WORLD
11. Funded gift cards for homeless students.
12. Supported Vickery Mill After School Program.
13. Provided emergency relief to flooding victims in Texas.
14. Provided funding assistance for Solar Bibles for Peru missionaries.
15. Provided a Solar Dryer for the Peru Farm Project.
16. Provided sponsorship for the Honduras Mission Trip.
17. Supported Florala First UMC in Florala, Alabama.
18. Supported United Methodist Committee on Relief.
19. Provided funding assistance for the Amazon Discipleship Project.
20. Provided funding assistance for therapist-led grief group, therapist-led addiction group, and Healing Services.
21. Provided private and group therapy for individuals affected by recent suicide in the community.
22. Supported Children’s Ministry and Ministry Programs at Luke 10:27 in Louisiana.
23. Provided furnishings for Murphy-Harpst Children’s Center.
24. Supported Divine Providence Training Center in Kenya, Africa.
PROVIDING IMPROVEMENTS TO CHURCH FACILITIES
25. Funded audio/visual technology improvements in the Chapel
26. Provided an AED device in the Scout Hut.
27. Provided a folding machine for the RUMC print room.
28. Provided Choir Room enhancements including painting, technology upgrades, and handrail improvements.
29. Supported RUMC debt reduction.
30. Provided maintenance and enhancement to the Commons Area.
31. Provided funding support of the Trustees Storage Building project.
32. Provided funding support of enhancements of the Welcome Home Nine-Thirty Service.
33. Provided WOW Children’s Ministry equipment.
To learn how to establish an endowment and cultivate a permanent source of income to support and sustain a church’s ministry program, please contact Nancy Young, GUMF Vice President of Development, at 678-708-6601 or firstname.lastname@example.org.