The Georgia United Methodist Foundation Seeks a Deputy Controller
The Georgia United Methodist Foundation in Peachtree Corners, Ga. is seeking a Deputy Controller who will report to the Chief Financial Officer and Controller.
The Deputy Controller is responsible for account maintenance, receivables and payables in the Investment Trust Management System (FIS/SunGard Charlotte) for the Georgia United Methodist Foundation and its clients. In this role, the Deputy Controller will prepare deposits, disbursements, and various accounting entries for the Foundation’s financial reporting and administration; assist the Controller and the staff of the Loan Program in the administration of the Foundation’s Loan Program and Certificate Program; and keep account files organized and up to date.
- A Bachelor’s degree and related accounting experience
- Understanding of Church structure as it relates to the North and South Georgia Conferences
- Commitment to The United Methodist Church and the Methodist family of Georgia
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Familiarity with accounting software, such as Sage 50 Accounting
- Commitment to teamwork and leadership
- Detail oriented, self-starter
- Strong customer service skills
RESPONSIBILITIES - RECEIPT:
- Process and record deposits in Investment Management Trust System (FIS/SunGard Charlotte)
- Scan checks for deposit to related bank accounts for contributions to Investment Trust Management system.
- Send correspondence via email or letter to client for receipt confirmation
- Process Development Fund Certificates and mail related statements and other paperwork to clients.
- Process stock gifts including recording of stock transfer, computing gift values for tax substantiation letters and distribution of net proceeds to clients
- Prepare all tax substantiation letters for gifts of cash and stocks
RESPONSIBILITIES - DISTRIBUTION:
- Process checks, ACHs and transfers for distributions from all accounts in Investment Management Trust system
- Prepare letters and correspondence for distribution checks, wire transfers, etc.
- Setup and maintain Trust Master in SunGard for all scheduled distribution transactions
- Process and record operating payments for Foundation administrative and office expenses
- Set up or approve ACH and Bill Pay transactions on Operating bank account
RESPONSIBILITIES – INVESTMENTS:
- Enter purchase and sale investment transactions at investment manager portal (Wespath Institutional Investments)
- Update Wespath daily unit prices into Investment Trust Management System]
RESPONSIBILITIES - REPORTING:
- Maintain and update list of client accounts, addresses, and other information in FIS/Charlotte, Excel and Access
- Set up new trust and investment accounts in Investment Trust Management system
- Set up Investment Trust Management system for daily overnight processing
- Provide secondary support for the preparation of account statements
- Maintain records and provide support for the accounting requirement for the Foundation for Retired Ministers of the North Georgia Conference
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Secondary support for the Foundation’s Loan Program and related activities
- Assist in the preparation of reports and documentation for the annual audit of the Foundation
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned from time-to-time
Download the job description here. Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Senior Vice President/Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer
Click here to learn more about the Foundation's purpose and mission.