Helping Families Impacted by Hurricane Laura
Our hearts and prayers go out to the families impacted by Hurricane Laura. In addition to prayer, the South and North Georgia Conferences have identified ways you can help:
South Georgia Conference
1. Give to relief and recovery efforts.
- Donate online
- Give through your local church to SGA Conference Advance #6798: Disaster Response - Outside SGA
- Mail a check to the Administrative Services Office made out to the South Georgia Conference and earmarked Conference Advance #6798 - Hurricane Laura Relief (address: PO Box 7727, Macon, GA 31209).
- Give through UMCOR to US Disaster Response #901670
2. Wait. Please do not deploy until our Conference Disaster Response team receives a call for volunteers. Our Conference Disaster Response Coordinator, Luis Morales, will provide information for the District Disaster Response Coordinators and the ERT teams to deploy as soon as it is secure, safe, and sanitary and the Texas Conference and/or Louisiana Conference have issued an invitation for teams.
Also, please do not begin collecting or sending goods and supplies until we have clear direction for what is needed to best assist the areas.
North Georgia Conference
1. Give - Give through your local church to UMCOR (mark your gift for US Disaster Response) or through the UMCOR website.
2. Wait - Do not self-deploy. Trained Early Response Teams stand ready to serve, but any mission team should only respond at the direct invitation of the conferences impacted.