Recognition Your Donors Deserve for the Legacy They Leave Your Church
Start a Legacy Society
A formal recognition program, such as a Legacy Society, not only thanks those who have given to your United Methodist church, it can also encourage others to consider a charitable gift.
There are many ways to show appreciation for your donors depending upon the needs of your congregation and resources available to you.
1) Visit donors at home to present them with a token of appreciation and invite them to become a member of your church’s Legacy Society.
2) Send a brochure describing your Legacy Society, with a response card, to past and new donors.
3) With their permission, publish the names of new donors or Legacy Society members in a special section of your church newsletter.
4) Invite donors to a special appreciation dinner once a year.
5) Ask donors to speak from their own experience about their decisions concerning financial stewardship and gift giving at a seminar, worship service or recognition event.
Donors who feel appreciated and understand the impact their planned gift will have on the future of your church often expand their scope of giving. In addition, their example to others is the most decisive force in the success of a planned giving program.
For more information on starting a Legacy Society, please contact the Georgia United Methodist Foundation at 770-449-6726, 877-220-5664 or email@example.com today.